Well, I’m back from another exciting adventure at sea. To celebrate my arrival on land, I decided to stop by the local hobby shop (of course). I decided to bite the bullet and plunk down some hard earned cash on three 2008 Topps Stadium Club packs. Each pack set me back about $20 apiece. Yikes! The hobby packs promised to deliver one Relic card or 1 Autographed card. There were 6 cards per pack (only 5 if it included a relic card). I was hoping to pull any Chargers players. That would have made my return much more sweet. Here’s what I got:
- #1 Drew Brees – Hey at least I pulled a former Charger.
- #15 Marion Barber III
- #20 Willis McGahee – Somehow I always seem to end up with this guy on my fantasy football teams.
- #36 Donovan McNabb
- #44 Thomas Jones
- #46 Justin Fargas
- #58 Jerricho Cotchery – Charger QB Philip Rivers’ favorite target back at NC State.
- #70 Jeremy Shockey – He’s listed on the card as a New York Giant, but as most football fans know, he’s since been traded to the New Orleans Saints.
- #90 Lee Evans
- #115 Jamaal Charles #’d 1279/1799 – A Texas Longhorn, now playing for the Kansas City Chiefs.
- #123 Limas Sweed #’d 1253/1799 – Another former Longhorn. He was drafted by the Pittsburgh Steelers.
- 1st Day Issue Carson Palmer #’d 0341/1499 – I’ll be cheering pretty hard this year for Carson since he’s my starting QB on two of my fantasy teams. Here’s hoping Chad Johnson can focus on making plays this season.
- 1st Day Issue Brian Urlacher #’d 1330/1499 – Not a big fan of this card’s photograph as Urlacher is shown tackling a Charger. If I were a betting man, I’d say that was Antonio Gates.
- Silver Photographer’s Proof Derrick Harvey #’d 017/199
- Gold Photographer’s Proof Maurice Jones Drew #’d 36/50
- Malcolm Kelly Autograph #’d16/25 – The Redskins drafted him in the 2nd round. He was hurt in the preseason, but the Redskins didn’t place him on IR, so he might get a shot at some playing time this year.
- Kevin O’Connell Relic #’d 0360/1349 – The former San Diego State Aztec is now playing for the New England Patriots.
- Adrian Peterson / Darren McFadden Dual Relic Card #’d 21/50 - The big hit of my pack break. Unfortunately this card has some bad vibes for me. AP obliterated the single game rushing record against my beloved Chargers. And Darren McFadden is a Raider, so I’m naturally obligated to loathe and despise him with all my heart. Hopefully, I can use this card as decent trade bait.
Alright, there you have it. Not too shabby, especially since I picked up the Mcfadden/Peterson card. Sadly, no Chargers pulled. Guess I’ll have to try my luck next time. As always, all these cards are available for trade. Just let me know what you’re interested in.